About Aquatecture LLC
Aquatecture LLC was formed as a custom waterscapes builder in 1998 by Mike Masi, working in partnership with Brian Koribanick and Landscape Techniques Inc. Now for nearly 20 years, the team of Masi and Koribanick provide homeowners throughout greater New Jersey with outstanding landscape,hardscapes and waterscape designs and construction.
Their talents are readily evident in the photos of their work, and their success at satisfying homeowners needs is readily evident by their A+ rating with the BBB. They have also been selected and authorized to join the selected group of Jandy ProEdge dealers, which means they are able to offer 3 year warranties on pool equipment – TRIPLE the normal warranty from other dealers.
About the Owners
Mike Masi is “the man behind the scenes,” handling the complex task of coordinating and managing all the specialty tradesman that bring your waterscape project to reality. Mike is frequently on-site, making sure the execution always meets the high standards that Mike and Brian have set for the company. Prior to establishing Aquatecture, and gaining his advanced hydraulics and construction skills, Mr. Masi ran a successful chain of pharmacies throughout northern New Jersey for many years.
Brian’s great talent is to “see” a beautiful landscape and waterscape design where none exists, and then help others see his vision.
He has studied extensively with the Genesis3 Design Group, and is currently listed as an official “Genesis 3 Gold member.”Brian’s reputation as a talented designer precedes him throughout northern New Jersey, and results in an ongoing stream of happy referrals.
Complete backyard services for all of New Jersey
Aquatecture LLC and Landscape Techniques Inc. provide a wide range of “backyard” products and services throughout greater New Jersey, including:
- Swimming Pool Design and Installation
- Swimming Pool Renovations & Remodel
- Swimming Pool Repairs
- Built-In "Swim Spas"
- Landscape Design and Installation
- Landscape Services
- Outdoor Structures (Pergolas, Etc.)
- Outdoor Kitchens and Grills
- Outdoor Fireplaces and Fire Pits
- Koi Ponds and streams
- Automatic and Manual Pool Cover Installation
Associations and Certifications
Aquatecture is proud to be a member in good standing with all of the following organizations:
The APSP is the world’s largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB’s service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB’s activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau’s or an alternative provider’s binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company’s attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau.
The Genesis 3 Design Group provides an international forum for continuing education and the establishment of higher standards in watershape design and construction. Students of Genesis 3 have committed themselves to superior levels of design, architecture, hydraulics, and client interaction. Genesis 3 has grown from a single school into a series of themed educational schools featuring international experts in various design and construction fields. Pool builders using their comprehensive training have the knowledge and tools to create cutting edge, sophisticated pool designs.
More information at: Genesis3
Northeast Spa & Pool Association (NESPA), Founded in 1950, has been affiliated with the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP). NESPA consist of five chapters – Capital (covering upstate NY), CONSPA (covering Connecticut), Long Island, Metro NY-NJ and PennJersey. Members include service companies, builders/installer, distributors, retail stores, manufacturer’s agents, manufacturers, independent pool and spa service companies and sub-contractors. NESPA is the owner and producer of the Atlantic City Pool & Spa Show, one of the swimming pool industry’s largest events. The Show draws 11,000 people to Atlantic City for four days of educational, business and social activities each year.